Friday, November 4, 2011

Hong Kong & Macau

The best sense to recall memories is one's sense of smell. If I wanted to remind myself of Hong Kong, I would have to close my eyes and imagine smelling the city's thick and polluted air, even all the way up to the Big Buddah. It comes from the mainland factories that produce goods for the rest of the world, I felt like a dirty Capitalist pig letting this happen.

HIGHLIGHTS: Seeing my cousin and aunty, Fairwood and suits.

My cousin hasn't seen me for about six years and my aunty even longer, over nineteen years. If you don't know, citizens of Hong Kong (those who can afford it at least) employ a lot of Filipino maids (male and female). This happens because of the poor lifestyles available back in the Philippines, compared to the somewhat better lifestyle offered in Hong Kong.
My cousin took me to Macua and that place is what I expect Las Vegas to be like...without the sleaze and the one hour ferry ride. The Venetian is one of the largest buildings in the world. We got lost..twice. My aunty shouted me Jollibee. I love my cousin and aunty.



I was told by my friend beforehand to eat at a place with an orange sign. I wander for five minutes away from my hotel and lo and behold: Fairwood. Fairwood is a cheap place to eat. Service: 10/10 Food: 7.5/10. I was really hungry as well, maybe that's why it tasted better the first time I went there, or I was just entertained by their ad that played while I was browing their menu, neither of which I understood but luckily they had pictures next to English numbers I could read. I really recommend going to this fast food place, here's hoping that it's a little bit less evil than McDonalds.



I bought two custom made suits while I was in Hong Kong, they're both awesome. The 24hr suit is not exactly what you think...First you pick out an already made suit and they cut it to your preferred measurements. Luckily I had a friend translate for me. She is awesome, and we both agree that this one girl who rode the train with us was really pretty. Anyway, the second suit I got was more of the traditional fitting and then a second fitting to double check the measurements. It was made from super-fine cotton, wool and silk would have been way over my budget. When I return to Hong Kong, it will be to buy an even more expensive suit, plus some silk shirts, thin ties and a classy bow tie for lols...see my cousin and aunty and eat at Fairwood, in that order.





No comments:

Post a Comment