Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tokyo

Whoa, I have time to update this blog again! What was up with the hiatus? The two main reasons are: globetrotting & university, yo.

First stop Tokyo! I travelled during Summer, so the weather was hot, nearly 40 degrees celsius kind of hot. The realisation hit me when I was alone in my hotel room - I knew I was in Japanese airspace over 5 hours and I landed in Narita Airport wating to vomit - I'm in Japan...Holy crap! I'm in Japan! I know about 20 words, including numbers, I know how to be relatively polite, aligning with their culture, I'm not feeling nauseaus, I'm not nervous being here by myself and I've got some money to get by with while I'm here.

HIGHLIGHTS: The Pokémon Centre and Yokohama Cosmo World

My friend and I found this place accidentally while walking through the Landmark Plaza heading towards Queen's Square. I felt like I was 10 again. On display, they mainly had the new Pokémon with some of the classics like Pikachu, Mew Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur. But my favourite Pokémon was always Psyduck. So dopey, not exactly slow like Slowpoke, cute, oblivious to almost everything going on and that damn headache! Anyways, this place was awesome, I recommend going if you've ever dreamt of having real Pokémon of your own, or if you ever wanted to become a Pokémon master and travel the world when you turn 10, just like Ash Ketchum...or Red...or Blue.
























I didn't go on any rides, I didn't see bright lights of the Cosmo Clock 21, I didn't eat any of the typical lollies, crêpes, or fairy floss while I was there...instead I went into a haunted house. It sounds lame at first but when it's a weekday, you're in the house by yourself and the rules state that you can't run or hit anything, you will get frightened a lot easier.





No comments:

Post a Comment