Sunday, November 20, 2011

New York

Whoa! New York! My desire to go there was further pushed while I was reading the Dark Tower, by Stephen King. I had no idea how the grid system of streets worked but there was this one line that went something like this: Roland had a feeling any other city in the world would be a step down from New York.
So, why New York? Why the hell not?! The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Ramones, Jay-Z, Beastie Boys...


HIGHLIGHTS: Shopping in downtown Broadway, going to the Bronx and cheap drinks.


I became a total hypocrite because I was still listening to Refused AFTER my shopping spree. How much of a capitalist pig am I? Well, if I had spent the same amount of money in Sydney, it wouldn't have gotten me as far. Also, the lift to go up to The Impossible Project Space is THE slowest I've ever been on. Gatorade on a hot day at $1.50 USD is awesome...just saying.


The Bronx...wasn't as ghetto as I had pictured it. It reminded me of home and my original ambition to make it big in New York. If I was to live anywhere in New York, it would be in the Bronx. Brooklyn can have all its fancy factory art exhibitions, I'll take the Bronx any day, Harlem on Sunday mornings and maybe the Theatre District for some cheap shows. Not that I went to any performances, but I felt like this is New York. Something larger than you is always being performed and exhibited for the very first time in this theatre or that small museum.


$10 for five shots of ANYTHING. Bam. As a late night Sydney tradition, well at least with some of my mates, you go to McDonalds after you get trashed in a club. The other yuppie tourists who sat on either side of me didn't "get it", but I didn't expect them to and I didn't care, because when apple pies are 55 cents each you can't help but be happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment